Changing Twonky Media Content Base Path

So I recently purchased a new NAS drive for my home network. I have a large music library, and even larger library of digital pictures so went whole hog and got the new Western Digital MybookWorld 2, 4Tb version. This comes pre-installed with Twonky Media Server. I created a folder structure to match that of my existing NAS drive and copied the contents over, then set about configuring the Twonky Media Server (I use this to stream my Videos/Music/Pictures to endpoints around my house, Xbox 360, PS3, Iphone). Only to find that the Twonky media server is preconfigured to a base content path 2 folder structures higher than I have placed my media! :|

When I attempted to specify a new content location in Twonky I couldn’t select the new folders I had created (even when attempting to start the path with ../../Datavolume/Media). When examining the log files that Twonky creates I noticed that there was a contentbase defined as..

“INI value:contentbase=/DataVolume/Public/”

Whereas all my media was located in “/DataVolume/Media/”. I did find a few ways of changing this value which consisted of enabling ssh onto the nas, and altering the twonky ini file with vi. While I am extremely competent with Linux and Vi afer working as an Oracle DBA for a number of years I steered clear of this for the following reasons.
..

A) My Western Digital warranty going bye bye! (I paid £300+ pounds for the nas and don’t want to lose it!)
B) Should the procedure go wrong I wasn’t looking forward to reinstalling Twonky from scratch!

I found the following (not very well documented) procedure to change the URL from a browser window. Just enter the command in your address window and follow any credential prompts if you have authentication enabled.

http://IP:Port/rpc/set_option?contentbase=New Base Path

For Example…
http://192.168.1.10:9000/rpc/set_option?contentbase=/DataVolume/Media


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link.

    I used it for speed, but I've be disappointed in WD if they gave you a hard time over using ssh. I'm getting tired of companies that use any reason they can to revoke warranties. I only ask that they cover me if it's hardware - so if I want to change away, not their problem.

    Mind you - I own a set of security screwdrivers for that exact reason. O:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mouth hanging saliva ugly. uggs sale online Very surprised, why look at the ugliest Pangniu class can uggs sale nederland such a color swatch. uggs sale nederland Star nightclub, uggs sale nederland quickly convergence of mind, but the following students already seen his face uggs sale nederland when kinky, cheap also uggs outlet online uggs sale nederland raised his head, but confused eyes fell on the glass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another hit release came in the form of the Strange Fruits pack,cheap timberland boots created in collaboration with cult streetwear label Play Cloths. Marked apart by its heavily panelled design on top of a styled sole, the Shadow 5000 is certainly one to consider to stand out from the ubiquitous New Balance set.timberland outlet sale The Puma Disc Blaze, despite being one of the brand’s archived styles, had a hugely important 2014 – the last year has in many ways been its breakout. Not one for inviting huge fanfare and instant sell-outs previously, the Disc Blaze has seen a serious surge in popularity of late,timberland outlet uk owing to some particularly well-executed collaborations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dave Simm,

    I want to thank you because starting from this post I could see my shares Sahred xy twonky with this beautiful Nas.

    tonifan

    ReplyDelete
  5. cheap cheap ray ban aviators sunglasses does not know everything behind happened, he has to do is to immediately turn off the shield, cheap ray bans australia cheap candidates ray ban wayfarers sunglasses cheap who brought them nervous. That someone scratched cheap ray bans australia papers, then lying on the table whining cry. and then start cheap ray bans australia sending notifications cheap ray ban sunglasses australia brother answers. As for writing, cheap to find a dozen gunmen, one thousand one, easy to search thief.

    ReplyDelete